Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Fun in France




The Eiffel Tower alone is enough to draw me to France. My cousin is in France right now for a few months doing volunteer work and told me the Eiffel tower is amazing both during the day and at night. She actually took the picture to the left. The sparkling lights during the night are beautiful and I can't imagine what the amazing view from the top during the day must be like. As long as I get to see the Eiffel Tower when visiting London I will be satisfied.


Since I will probably only get to spend a day or two in France during my semester abroad I only chose a few things to see. Other then the Eiffel Tower I would like to see Notre Dame which is a church with amazing french Gothic architecture, sculptures, and stained glass. The Chateau of Versailles, also known as the Palace of Versailles is also on my list of sites to see. When it comes to eating in France from what I could see most of the food is similar to what we eat here but I do want to get crepes while in France.


Focusing back on London it was recommended to me to try the restaurant Tiger Lil's which is similar to Fire and Ice which is one of my favorite restaurants. Whild in London I am definitely going to try and eat there a few times.

1 comment:

Shruteismyhero said...

Dwight Shrute: You did all of this for me?
(Camera pans over to sign on wall with "Welcome Back Oscar" written on it)
Michael: Guilty as charged.