Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Look Through The London Eye



I had no idea London was such a busy city! It is packed with museums, galleries, restaurants, and so much more. Since I will be spending roughly 4 months in London I came up with a longer list of places to visit then for the other countries I plan to see as well. These are some of the places I would like to see and why:

Historical/Cultural:
-British Museum- Over 13 million objects from a wide range of countries.
-Buckingham Palace- Home of the Queen, and it would be fun to try to get one of the guards to talk.
-House of Parliament (Palace of Westminster)- famous clock tower "Big Ben".
-Royal Albert Hall- To see a concert or a play.
-The National Gallery- 2,300 paintings dating all the way back to 1250 with work by DaVinci, Monet, and more. And the admission is free!

Food:
-Toad-in-the-hole- sausages covered in better and roasted. I came across this and thought it sounded interesting and since we eat mostly the same thing as the British do I was excited to find something a little different.
-Afternoon Tea- I'm not a big fan of tea but it's big in England so I'll give it another try.

Just For Fun:
- The London Eye- At 443 feet tall it's the largest observation wheel in the world and the worlds most popular tourist attraction with a great view of the city!

4 comments:

Matty Mae said...

The London Eye is one of the coolest things I did in London. It's totally worth the LOOOONG wait in line. London is amazing all I want out of life is to go back.

babydaisy54 said...

I went to London 2 years ago and it was amazing. The British Museum is great, there is so much to see in there. If you to go to London I reccommend eating at a resturant called Tiger Lil's it is similar to Fire and Ice they cook your food right in front of you.

Sexy said...

whoa nice picture. must have been a fun trip. nice

Dance On said...

I want to go to London so bad that sounds amazing I am jealous. My mom told me that the British Museum had so much to see and was amazing.